Vegan Oreo Cookies: Your Dreamy, Dairy-Free Treat
Who doesn’t love Oreo cookies? But if you’re vegan, these classics can seem out of reach. Fortunately, now you can repurpose the Oreo and turn it into a delightful – and decadent – dairy-free snack. That’s right: Here’s a recipe for vegan Oreo cookies.
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 2 ½ cups vegan sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons aquafaba
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups white flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large bowl, combine the vegan butter and sugar. Beat until creamy and uniformly combined.
- Add the aquafaba and vanilla extract. Beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, and beat until combined.
- Create small dough balls, about the size of a flat golf ball. Place them on a lightly greased pan, pressing down gently to flatten.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until the cookies become slightly brown around the edges.
- Let cool before serving. Enjoy your vegan Oreos!
The Perfect Dairy-Free Treat
Vegan Oreos aren’t just a tasty snack: they’re a chance to enjoy the classic cookie in a way that’s healthier, and kinder to animals. And – bonus! – they’re easy to make.
These cookies are a great choice if you’re an aspiring vegan, or if you’re just looking for a different way to use your favorite ingredients. Ready to take your vegan Oreo game to the next level? Check out these tips.
Add More Vanilla
Just like with vegan baked goods, adding a bit of vanilla extract to your Oreos is a great way to give them some extra flavor.
Experiment With Different Sweeteners
Skip the white sugar and try sweeter alternatives, such as coconut sugar, maple syrup, or a vegan honey. Not only are they easier on your blood sugar levels, but they also add unique and delicious flavors to your cookies.
Make a Vegan Chocolate Dunking Sauce
If you’re a chocoholic, take your vegan Oreos up another notch. Instead of just snacking on the cookies as-is, make a vegan chocolate sauce and dip the cookies into it.
The Best Part: Enjoy!
It’s time to dig in and enjoy your vegan Oreo cookies. It doesn’t get any better than a homemade treat – not to mention you can customize your recipe however you like. Whether you’re vegan or dairy-free, you are now well prepared to enjoy Oreos in your own way. Enjoy every bite!