Have you ever tried vegan hummingbird cake? This vegan delight is the perfect dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth and make you feel good inside. A classic Caribbean recipe, vegan hummingbird cake has just the right balance of flavors and texture to make it irresistible.
Vegan Hummingbird Cake Recipe
• 1 ½ cup of vegan vegetable oil
• 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
• 1 ½ cups white granulated cane sugar
• 2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
• 4 large organic bananas
• 1 cup organic coconut flakes
• 1 cup organic pineapple cubes
• 1 ½ cups vegetable-based cream cheese
• ¼ cup chopped pecans
• 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9” cake pan.
2. In a large bowl, mix the vegetable oil, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon together until combined.
3. Add in the banana and mix again until creamy.
4. Add in the cream cheese, coconut flakes, and pineapple cubes to the mix – use a spatula to fold them together.
5. Pour the mixture into the pan and sprinkle the chopped pecans on top.
6. Bake for 35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
7. Let the cake cool before serving.
Serve your vegan hummingbird cake on its own, or for extra indulgence, serve with a side of vegan vanilla ice cream or coconut whipped cream. You could also dress it up with a few sprinkles of chopped nuts, or top with a few slices of bananas.
This vegan version of classic hummingbird cake is a perfect alternative to the original and sure to impress. If you’re looking for something a little more wholesome, try baking your own with whole wheat flour and antioxidant-rich vegetable oil. With the addition of heart-healthy fruits and coconut, vegan hummingbird cake can also be a great way to indulge without the guilt. Enjoy your vegan hummingbird cake for breakfast, as a snack or for a dessert – no matter what the occasion, this vegan dish is sure to be loved by all.