Turn Up the Heat With This Sweet & Spicy Bison Chili!
Are you looking for a chili recipe that will add a kick to your meal? This Sweet & Spicy Bison Chili is sure to do the trick! With a mix of sweet and spicy flavors, this chili will be a hit with everyone who has a taste. It’s a great way to enjoy a comforting, hearty meal while still packing a flavorful punch. Plus, it’s easy to make too, so don’t be afraid to give it a try!
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 large onion, diced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 pound ground bison
• 1 tablespoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 (14.5-ounce can) diced tomatoes
• 1 (10-ounce can) red beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 (10-ounce can) diced tomatoes with green chilies
• 1/4 cup honey
• Salt and pepper
• 1/4 cup sour cream (optional)
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the ground bison and break it up with a spoon. Cook until browned, about 5-7 minutes.
3. Add the chili powder, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, diced tomatoes, red beans, and diced tomatoes with green chilies. Stir to combine.
4. Add the honey and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 25 minutes.
6. To serve, top with sour cream and cilantro (if desired). Enjoy!