If you’ve ever had the pleasure of digging into a delectable homemade turkey-shaped bread, you know how delightful it can be. For a fun twist on an old classic, this turkey-shaped bread recipe brings a unique and exciting flavor to the table.
This tasty recipe combines the flavorful tradition of homemade bread with the playful presentation of a turkey-shaped loaf. The dough is made of whole wheat flour and enriched with nutritious ingredients like pinenuts, pumpkin seeds, and chia seeds. A combination of honey and molasses lends a slight sweetness to the finished loaf and adds complexity to the overall flavor profile.
When it comes time to shape the dough, the only limit is your imagination! With some simple instructions and a little effort, you can easily create a festive turkey that’s as beautiful as it is tasty. To make your turkey stand out even more, you can top it with herbs and spices like oregano, garlic powder, or cinnamon.
One of the best things about this turkey-shaped bread recipe is its versatility. Whether you’re making dinner rolls, dinner buns, or a full-sized loaf, you can use this recipe to make sweet or savory toppings. The possibilities are endless!
Plus, this festive recipe is a great way to add a bit of holiday cheer to the dinner table. Eating it brings to mind family gatherings, special holiday meals, and warm memories. Get creative with the different ingredients and shapes you can use to personalize it even more.
For one delicious, unforgettable holiday dinner, this turkey-shaped bread is a must! Plus, it’s surprisingly easy to master – so gather your ingredients, roll up your sleeves, and enjoy the season with this delicious homemade treat.
– 2 cups whole wheat flour
– 1½ beaten eggs
– 6 tablespoons honey
– 6 tablespoons molasses
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– ¼ cup pinenuts
– ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
– ¼ cup chia seeds
– 3 teaspoons baking powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 2 tablespoons herbs and spices (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, eggs, honey, molasses, vegetable oil, pinenuts, pumpkin seeds, and chia seeds until a dough forms.
3. Add the baking powder and salt, then knead the dough for about 5 minutes until it is smooth and elastic.
4. Divide the dough into two equal parts and shape into two turkey-shaped loaves.
5. Place the loaves on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 25-30 minutes or until they are golden brown.
6. Sprinkle herbs and spices over top of the loaves (optional) and let cool before serving.