Tunisian Merguez is a spicy, flavorful and traditional type of sausage made with ground lamb and a blend of flavorful spices. This recipe is easy to make and has a deep delicious flavor that is perfect for adding to cous cous, salads, wraps, sandwiches and even stews.
– 1 pound of ground lamb
– 1 tablespoon of ground coriander
– 2 teaspoons of smoked paprika
– 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
– 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
– 1/2 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
– 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
– 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
– 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
– 2 tablespoons of olive oil
– 1/2 teaspoon of finely chopped fresh rosemary
1. In a bowl, mix the ground lamb with the coriander, smoked paprika, cumin, garlic powder, cinnamon, black pepper, cayenne pepper, and nutmeg.
2. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
3. Add the lamb mixture to the skillet and cook, stirring regularly, until the lamb is brown and cooked through, about 8 minutes.
4. Add the rosemary and stir until combined.
5. Remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
6. Form mixture into 4-5 sausage shapes.
7. Serve warm with your favorite sides.