Try Out This Roast Bison with Root Veggies for an Easy Dinner Recipe
If you’re looking for an easy dinner recipe that packs a nutritional punch, try out this Roast Bison with Root Veggies. Bison is a great source of protein, and combining it with nutrient-dense root vegetables makes for a balanced and delicious meal. Not to mention, it’s simple and quick to prepare.
Nutritional Benefits of Bison
Bison is a lean red meat that’s high in protein but lower in fat and calories than some of its red meat counterparts. It’s a great source of omega-3 fatty acids, zinc, and other vitamins and minerals. It also provides up to three times more iron and four times more vitamin B-12 than beef. Bison also contains fewer calories, cholesterol, fat, and saturated fat than its beef counterpart.
• 2 lbs of bison roast
• 2 cloves of garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• 1 teaspoon of sea salt
• 1 teaspoon of black pepper
• 2 cups of diced root vegetables (such as carrots, turnips, and potatoes)
• 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh herbs (such as rosemary and thyme)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place the bison roast in an oven-safe dish and rub it with the minced garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper.
3. Add the root vegetables and herbs to the dish and mix them together.
4. Cover the dish with a lid or aluminum foil.
5. Bake the roast in the oven for 45 minutes.
6. Uncover the dish and bake for an additional 15 minutes, until the bison roast is cooked through and the root veggies are tender.
7. Serve the roast hot with a side of roasted vegetables and enjoy.
This Roast Bison with Root Veggies is sure to become a family favorite. Not only does it provide an abundance of nutrition in each bite, but it also is easy to prepare and requires minimal time in the kitchen. In less than an hour, you can have a delicious, wholesome dinner prepared. Give this meal a try this week and see just how amazing nutrition can taste!