A Mouthwatering Recipe for Trout Cake
Do you love fish cakes? If so, you need to try this delectable Trout Cake recipe! This unique dish fuses together two fan favorites — fragrant trout and the most pillowy of pan-fried cakes. It’s the perfect mix of flavors and textures for those who love seafood, and it’s bound to be the highlight of any meal.
Difficulty Level: Moderate
This Trout Cake may take some time to prepare, but the dish is worth the effort! With its incredible balance of savory ingredients and contrast of crispy cake crashes and moist fish, this is a recipe that will impress anyone.
- 1 pound of fresh trout, de-boned and cut into small cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup fish stock or water
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped chives
- In a medium bowl, combine trout cubes, olive oil, garlic and lemon juice. Mix gently and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and white pepper. Slowly add in the fish stock, melted butter and chives, mixing until a thick batter forms.
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Drop heaping tablespoons of batter onto the pan, flattening with the back of a spoon. Add the trout cubes to each cake, and fry for 4-5 minutes per side, until lightly browned and crispy.
- Serve warm, with your favorite dipping sauce on the side.
What Makes This Recipe Unique?
This Trout Cake is different from other fish cakes because it uses cornstarch in the batter. The cornstarch creates a light, fluffy, and almost crumbly texture, compared to traditional fish cakes that are denser and firmer. The added flavor of chives also sets this recipe apart, making it perfect for a special dinner occasion.
Trout Cake makes a delicious, surprisingly easy meal that even the pickiest eater will love. The combination of garlic, lemon juice, fish and sturdy cake creates an unforgettable taste sensation. This recipe is sure to become a favorite in your family that will be enjoyed for years to come.