Tropical Cookie Delight
There is nothing like the rich, tropical taste of these cookies to make your day a little sweeter. These chewy treats have a lovely soft texture, and their flavors are infused with the deliciousness of coconut, pineapples, almonds, and other tropical delights. Perfect for any special occasion, they will make an unforgettable impression on your family and friends.
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• ½ teaspoon baking soda
• ½ teaspoon baking powder
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¾ cup butter, softened
• ½ cup sugar
• ½ cup packed light brown sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 5 ounces desiccated coconut
• 4 ounces dried pineapple, chopped
• 4 ounces slivered almonds
1. Preheat the oven to 375F.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt
3. In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy
4. Add the eggs and vanilla, and mix until well combined
5.Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined
6. Stir in the coconut, pineapple, and almonds.
7. Drop scant tablespoonfuls of the cookie dough onto non-stick cookie sheets
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly golden
9. Cool for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tropical cookies are the perfect way to add some sunshine to your day, or give your party or picnic a delicious flavor. The bright flavors of pineapple and coconut make them an ideal treat for all ages, and the addition of almonds gives them an added crunch and nutty flavor. They’re also a great way to introduce your guests to the tropics, as it brings a bit of the islands home. Served with a tall glass of iced tea, or a scoop of your favorite ice cream, these cookies are sure to please.