Traeger Spatchcock Chicken – Crispy on the Outside, Juicy on the Inside
Looking to elevate your poultry game? Look no further than Traeger Spatchcock Chicken! Fresh, juicy, and full of flavor, this mouthwatering recipe is sure to be a crowd pleaser whenever you throw it on the grill.
This delicious dish offers an irresistibly crispy texture on the outside, while the inside offers up a succulent and juicy smoked flavor that’s sure to delight your taste buds. Traeger Spatchcock Chicken is inspired by the traditional Indian sub-continental dish of ‘Spatch-Cock’, with an exciting twist on the classic flavors.
– 1 Whole chicken
– 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
– 2 teaspoons of garlic, grated
– 2 teaspoons of ginger, grated
– 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
– 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
– 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped parsley
– 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped cilantro
– 2 tablespoons of freshly chopped basil
– 1 teaspoon of sea salt
– 1 teaspoon of black pepper
1. Preheat your Traeger grill to 375°F.
2. Rinse and pat dry the chicken with paper towels until completely dry.
3. To spatchcock the chicken, use kitchen shears and cut alongside the backbone.
4. Flip the chicken over and press down to flatten.
5. In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, garlic, ginger, smoked paprika, cumin, parsley, cilantro, basil, sea salt, and black pepper.
6. Rub the mixture all over the chicken, ensuring the entire surface is covered.
7. Place the chicken on the grill and cook for 35-45 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 165°F.
8. Remove the chicken from the grill and let rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Whether you’re serving up Traeger Spatchcock Chicken in celebration of an Eid feast, Passover Seder, or Sunday lunch, you’ll be sure to wow your guests with its tantalizing aromas and flavors. As with any traditional recipe, you may want to experiment with regional variations using your own favorite spices and herbs.
For an added zing, try brushing the chicken with a garlicky herbed butter, just before serving. Then, get the whole family around the table to enjoy this delicious dish!