Indulge Your Taste Buds with this Delicious and Nutritious Tofu Watercress Salad
If you’re looking for the perfect blend of healthy and delicious, you’ve met your match. This Tofu Watercress Salad combines vibrant, nutrient-packed flavors into a delightful combination that’s as nourishing for the body as it is pleasing for the senses.
• 8 ounces extra-firm organic tofu, pressed and diced
• 4 cups packed watercress leaves, chopped
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
• 2 tablespoons gluten-free low-sodium tamari
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Arrange tofu cubes on a lined baking sheet.
3. Roast for 25 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, combine watercress and salt.
5. Mix in olive oil, lemon juice, sesame seeds and tamari.
6. Gently toss in the roasted tofu.
7. Serve the salad warm or chilled.
Beyond being tasty and nourishing, this Tofu Watercress Salad is a great way to enjoy food from a variety of cultural perspectives. The combination of East Asian ingredients like tamari and sesame seeds with Western ingredients like olive oil and lemon juice results in a unique and flavorful medley of tastes.
This dish also makes for a great entrée option for those looking for a vegan or vegetarian meal. Its filling tofu cubes and watercress leaves provide a powerhouse of protein, minerals and vitamins.
For similar recipes that boast a bold yet balanced set of flavors, you can also try our Strawberry-Avocado Salad or our Roasted Squash and Arugula Salad. Both recipes contain a delightful combination of fresh and flavorful ingredients, making them ideal for any occasion.
Plate up this Tofu Watercress Salad today, and you’ll enjoy the perfect combination of deliciousness and healthfulness. The flavors and brighter-than-bright colors combined with its unique fusion of culinary cultures will have you calling it your go-to meal.