Thai Yam Pla Duk Foo Recipe
Thai Yam Pla Duk Foo is a zingy, savory and sweet dish.One of the most popular Thai dishes, it’s loved and enjoyed worldwide. The combination of sweet Thai eggplants, tart fish and crunchy peanuts gives this dish a unique flavor. Yam pla duk foo is sure to both tantalize the taste buds and fill your belly.
This dish is known for its varied flavors, but the ingredients might intimidate some. Don’t worry; this dish is not as complicated as it appears. All you need to do is follow the steps bellow to make this delicious Thai dish!
– 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
– 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
– 4 shallots, chopped
– 1/2 cup of shredded Thai eggplant, frozen
– 1/2 cup boiled fish, chopped
– 2 teaspoons of fish sauce
– 2 teaspoons of tamarind paste (or 1 tablespoon of lime juice)
– 2 tablespoons of sugar
– 1/4 cup of dried Thai chili, finely chopped
– 1/4 cup of roasted, unsalted peanuts, chopped
1. Heat up cooking oil in a wok or skillet over medium heat.
2. Once the oil is hot, add garlic and shallots and fry until fragrant.
3. Add shredded Thai eggplant and fry until soft.
4. Add chopped boiled fish and stir until combined.
5. Add fish sauce, tamarind paste or lime juice, sugar and dried Thai chili. Stir until everything is well combined.
6. Reduce the heat to low and stir in the chopped peanuts.
7. Serve hot with steamed rice!
Yam Pla Duk Foo is a versatile dish that can be enjoyed as a side or main course. Its unique combination of flavors make it a favorite amongst Thai people and foodies alike. Whether you like it spicy or sweet, this dish is sure to become your favorite.
So if you’re looking for something unique and delicious, give Thai Yam Pla Duk Foo a try. You won’t regret it!