Authentic Thai Tom Yum Soup Recipe
Tom Yum Soup, the quintessential Thai dish, can be found in Thailand’s street stalls and restaurants, and is now popular all over the world. Cooked with fragrant lemongrass, chilies, and galangal (a type of ginger), it is refined, balanced and undeniably delicious. Here is our Authentic Thai Tom Yum Soup recipe.
• 1 stalk of lemongrass, sliced and bruised
• 4 kaffir lime leaves
• 4 cups chicken stock
• 3 tablespoons fish sauce
• 4 tablespoons lime juice
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons chopped red chilies
• 2 tablespoons galangal, chopped
• 1 cup mushrooms (shiitake, oyster, etc..)
• 1 cup seafood (shrimp, squid, mussels, etc..)
1. In a pot, add the chicken stock, lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, fish sauce, lime juice and brown sugar. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
2. Add the mushrooms, chilies, galangal and seafood. Bring to a boil and cook until seafood is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
3. Taste and season with more fish sauce, lime juice or sugar if needed. Remove from heat and serve.
Enjoy this flavorful and delicious soup!