Thai Spring Rolls
Summer Spring Rolls are a delicious and refreshing Thai dish that is perfect for a light lunch or snack. Loaded with fresh vegetables and Thai flavors, these delicious wraps are a quick and easy way to enjoy a satisfying meal without all the guilt.
The best part about Thai Spring Rolls is that you can customize them with whatever ingredients you want. Feel free to switch out the veggie ingredients for whatever you have on hand or make it extra special with some of your favorite Asian ingredients. Let’s get started!
• 8 thin rice paper wrappers
• 2 medium carrots, cut into matchsticks
• 1/2 yellow bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
• 1/2 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
• 1/4 head of red cabbage, shredded
• 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
• 1 cup cooked chicken, chopped into cubes
• 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
• 2 tablespoons fish sauce
•Salt and pepper to taste
1. Fill a shallow bowl with warm water. Submerge a wrapper until it is soft and pliable, about 1 minute.
2. Place the wrapper on a plate and fill with a handful of carrots, bell pepper, cucumber and cabbage, leaving 1 inch of room on the sides.
3. Sprinkle with cilantro, mint, and chives and top with chicken. Drizzle with lime juice and fish sauce, and season with salt and pepper.
4. Fold the edges of the wrapper in towards the center, then pull the wrapper and tuck the ingredients in towards the center. Roll up from the bottom and continue to roll until the spring roll is sealed.
5. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and ingredients. Serve with Thai sweet chili sauce or peanut sauce for dipping. Enjoy!