Thai Pad See Ew
Pad See Ew is a popular Thai fried noodle dish. It is characterized by its thick, flat noodles, hearty sauce, and stir fried vegetables. The dish is considered a weeknight-friendly dish, as you can whip it up in no time, and clean up is minimal. It’s also delicious, giving you all the flavors of Thai street food at home!
– 12 oz. Wide rice noodles
– 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
– ½ cup Chinese broccoli, thinly sliced
– 1 cup mushrooms, torn
– 1 cup carrots, julienned
– 2 eggs, lightly beaten
– 4 Tbsp tamarind sauce
– 2 Tbsp dark soy sauce
– 2 Tbsp light soy sauce
– 2 Tbsp sugar
1. Prepare the noodles according to package instructions. When finished, rinse with cold water and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet. Add the garlic and stir fry for a few seconds.
3. Add the vegetables and stir fry until they are just beginning to soften.
4. Push the vegetables to one side of the wok and add the beaten eggs. Scramble until cooked through.
5. Add the noodles and stir fry until everything is combined.
6. Add the tamarind sauce, dark soy sauce, light soy sauce, and sugar. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes, until the sauce is evenly distributed.
7. Serve hot and enjoy!