A Deliciously Unique Take on Thai Eggplant Salad
We all know that Thai cuisine is full of flavor and diversity, but what about taking traditional Thai dishes and giving them a unique twist? Take this Thai Eggplant Salad for instance. Bursting with punchy flavors and textures, this recipe will delight your tastebuds and leave you wanting more.
This unique version of the classic Thai dish combines some flavors and techniques you’d expect with some unexpected ingredients. In addition to eggplant, the salad includes green onions, cilantro, and toasted peanuts, all of which help to create a complexity of flavor that is perfectly offset by the sweet and sour dressing.
The eggplant is roasted to bring out its natural sweetness as well as its delightful texture. By roasting, the eggplant develops a richness and depth of flavor that is simply irresistible. The result is an eggplant that stands out against the other ingredients with its delightful crunch and hint of sweetness.
At the same time, the salad is given piquancy with a punchy Thai-inspired dressing. This sweet and sour blend consists of lime juice and tamarind paste which gives it some bright and tangy undertones to complement the eggplant. To top it off, a sprinkle of toasted peanuts adds the perfect final touch.
This Thai Eggplant Salad really is a remarkable treat. Serve it as a side dish, light lunch, or snack, and enjoy the delightful new spin on traditional Thai flavors.
• 1 medium eggplant
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• ¼ cup green onions, chopped
• ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
• ½ cup toasted peanuts
• 3 tablespoons lime juice
• 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Slice the eggplant in half. Place the two halves on a baking sheet. Brush eggplant with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. Roast for 20 minutes or until soft and golden. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
4. In a large bowl, combine the eggplant, green onions, and cilantro.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the lime juice tamarind paste, and remaining olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Pour dressing over eggplant mixture. Add toasted peanuts and toss until everything is well combined.
7. Serve and enjoy!