Tex-Mex Shaved Beef Quesadillas are a deliciously savory snack that can be made in no time at all. Not only are they easy to whip up, but they also have bold, flavorful ingredients that make them a truly unique and special dish. The combination of tender, smoky shredded beef and the perfect blend of spices and melted cheese are what make these quesadillas so delicious. Plus, they are a great way to use up any leftover beef you may have in the fridge. So whether you’re serving them up for lunch, dinner, or as an appetizer—these quesadillas are guaranteed to be a hit with everyone!
• 1 pound cooked, shredded beef
• 1 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1/2 cup diced onion
• 1/2 cup diced bell pepper
• Salt, to taste
• 8 large soft wheat tortillas
• 2 cups shredded cheese
1. In a medium bowl, combine the shredded beef with cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, and ground coriander.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once skillet is hot, add in onion and bell pepper and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the seasoned beef to the skillet and cook until heated through, about 3-4 minutes. Season with salt to taste.
4. Lay 4 of the tortillas on a work surface. Divide the beef among them, and top with 1/2 cup of cheese. Top with remaining 4 tortillas.
5. Heat a large nonstick or cast-iron skillet over medium-low heat and place one of the quesadillas in the middle. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes on each side, or until lightly golden and cheese is melted. Repeat with the remaining quesadillas.
6. Allow quesadillas to cool slightly and slice in half. Serve warm and enjoy!