Tennessee Moonshine Cake: An Authentic Southern Delight
Do you like sweet, delicious cakes? Does the idea of moonshine make you cringe? What if I told you that, combined, they make one of the most alluring and beloved dishes in the South? That’s right – it’s the timeless classic, Tennessee Moonshine Cake.
This recipe is a rustic southern treat that has been around for decades and still remains an iconic symbol of southern culture. Made from a blend of classic ingredients, Tennessee moonshine cake offers a bold and flavorful combination of rich, buttery cake and grainy, earthy moonshine that creates an unforgettable taste experience.
Whether you are from the south or a faraway place, this classic dish is sure to please. So, grab your apron and let’s get cooking!
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup softened butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup moonshine
- ½ cup chopped nuts (optional)
- ½ cup toasted coconut flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- In a larger bowl, cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add two eggs and mix until fully incorporated.
- Mix in vanilla extract and moonshine until blended.
- Slowly incorporate dry ingredients into wet ingredients, mixing together until blended.
- Optional: add chopped nuts and toasted coconut flakes.
- Grease and flour 9 inch baking pan.
- Pour cake mix into pan and spread evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to cooling rack.
There you have it: a delicious, traditional Tennessee Moonshine Cake. The soft, buttery cake is balanced perfectly with the bold, earthy flavor of the moonshine. Add to that the subtle crunch of nuts and the sweet delight of toasted coconut flakes, and you have a dessert ready to dazzle any palate.
Tennessee moonshine cake is easy to make and sure to be the star of any southern get-together. Not to mention, it is always looking to fit itself into new culinary traditions. Try adding a layer of salted caramel or a thick layer of peanut butter frosting and you will be surprised how quickly your guests will be asking for seconds.
For those who want to explore the wonderful and unique tastes of the South, Tennessee Moonshine Cake is an absolute must. Try it today!