Savory Tarragon Chicken Salad
Move over plain old chicken salad! Behold the amazing flavours of this savory tarragon chicken salad. This hearty dish of shredded chicken and onions enveloped in a creamy, tarragon-flecked mayonnaise with a dash of honey mustard is simple to make, but offers a truly unique culinary experience.
I’m always looking for a way to spruce up the classic chicken salad recipe and this one is sure to become a family favourite in no time! Adding tarragon to the mayonnaise brings an unexpected and vibrant twist to the traditional dish. Folks who love the taste of tarragon will appreciate its pungent kick that adds a level of complexity and depth to the richness of the stewed chicken and sweet honey mustard.
– 2 chicken breasts
– 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
– 1 ½ teaspoon freshly chopped tarragon
– 1 teaspoon honey mustard
– 1 onion, diced
– Salt and pepper
1. Place the chicken in a pot and cover with water.
2. Bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
3. Remove the chicken from the water and allow to cool.
4. Shred the chicken with a fork.
5. In a small bowl, mix together the mayonnaise, tarragon, honey mustard, and diced onion.
6. Add the shredded chicken breast to the dressing and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Serve in a sandwich, or on its own with some fresh bread on the side.
This savory tarragon chicken salad is a unique and delicious way to switch up a classic dish. Just the right amount of herbs and spices transports me to the bustling bistros of Paris, whilst the hint of sweet honey mustard takes me back to my Grandma’s kitchen. Serve with a side of crusty bread for a healthy and rich lunch or dinner dish.
If you’re looking to mix up your lunch routine, this tarragon chicken salad is a great – and delicious – place to start. Enjoy!