Tangy Bison Salisbury Steak For a Perfect Date Night Meal
Amaze your date with this unique and flavorful Salisbury steak recipe! Not only is this dish delicious, it’s healthy too with the use of lean bison as a replacement for traditional beef. The tangy sauce ties it all together to create a flavorful and delicious meal. This meal is sure to make a great impression.
-1 lb lean ground bison
-1/3 cup panko
-1/3 cup parmesan cheese
-1/2 cup finely chopped onion
-1/4 cup finely chopped mushrooms
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1 teaspoon onion powder
-1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
-1/4 teaspoon black pepper
-1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
-1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
-1/4 cup ketchup
-1 tablespoon honey
-1/4 cup water
-1 teaspoon cornstarch
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl, combine the ground bison, panko, parmesan cheese, onion, mushrooms, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, 1 tablespoon of ketchup, and honey. Mix until thoroughly combined.
2. Form the mixture into four evenly shaped patties and place on a plate or baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. When the oil is hot, add the patties and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
4. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining ketchup, 1/4 cup of water, and cornstarch. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to low. Simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
5. When the patties are cooked, add them to the skillet and pour the sauce over them. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Taste and season with salt and pepper if desired. Serve over mashed potatoes or a bed of greens. Enjoy!