Taco Meatloaf: An Exciting Take on a Classic Meal
Taco meatloaf is an exciting new take on a traditional favorite that the whole family is sure to love. Developed by blending classic flavors of traditional chili con carne with all-American comfort-food, this taco flavored meatloaf is a great way to spice up a weeknight meal. Prepared with both ground beef and ground pork, it’s a hearty, hearty meal that’s sure to satisfy hunger.
• 1 lb. ground beef
• 1 lb. ground pork
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 yellow onion, chopped
• 1 tablespoons chili powder
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1 teaspoon oregano
• 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 2 eggs
• 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
• 1/2 cup salsa
• 1 (4 oz) can of chopped green chilies
• 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F and lightly grease a 9 X 5 loaf pan
2. In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, garlic, onion, chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, oregano, cinnamon, salt, pepper, eggs, breadcrumbs and salsa.
3. Mix everything together until everything is evenly combined.
4. Place in the loaf pan and shape into a loaf.
5. Sprinkle salt and pepper to top of loaf as desired.
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the center of the loaf registers 160 degrees F.
7. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with cilantro, green chilies, salsa, shredded cheese and other desired taco toppings.
Taco meatloaf is a great twist on the traditional American comfort-food, taking the classic flavors of chili con carne and blending them with sausage and pork. Serve over warm tortillas with all the tacos fixings and it makes a meal fit for a Mexican fiesta. The hint of cinnamon is also a wonderful twist, as it brings a bit of sweetness to the dish which really makes it unique. It’s easy to make and can be made ahead of time for an even quicker dinner. Try it alongside our cilantro lime rice for a truly delicious dinner that you’re sure to love!