Welcome to Sweetie Pie Chicken Heaven!
If you’re an aficionado of savory-sweet symphonies and all things comforting, this is the one-pot recipe for you. Sweetie Pie Chicken is a unique spin on classic stewed chicken, melding together the perfect blend of savory, sweet, and tangy flavors.
What Makes Sweetie Pie Chicken Special?
This delectable dish stirs together the timeless flavors of sweet-tart tomato, earthy rosemary and savory Italian sausage. The mixture is then topped with a mild, creamy mozzarella-parmesan cheese for a burst of richness. Aromatic and bold, this recipe puts a twist on classic Italian flavors by adding a punch of paprika.
My Personal Story
I love to make this recipe because it reminds me of my time spent in the Mediterranean. The combination of ingredients takes me back to the inviting aromas and lively colors of seaside villages. However, this Sweetie Pie Chicken is so much more than just a taste of the past: it’s an innovative recipe that provides endless possibilities.
What You’ll Need
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts, trimmed and cubed into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Italian sausage link (optional if desired)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella-parmesan cheese blend
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and garlic and sauté for 5 minutes until the chicken is lightly browned.
- Add sausage link and paprika, rosemary, and oregano to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes, stirring to ensure even browning.
- Add tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, Kalamata olives, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to low and cover skillet. Simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover skillet, sprinkle cheese over chicken mixture, cover again, and simmer for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve over hot cooked rice or pasta and sprinkle with extra rosemary and oregano, if desired.
Sweetie Pie Chicken is a one-pot bistro-style meal that’s easy to make and sure to make your taste buds sing. So, when you’re feeling craving something a bit extra special for dinner, turn to this recipe and make your night one to remember!