Sweet Martha’s Cookies: A Delicious Treat.
Do you have a sweet tooth? Are you looking for a new cookie recipe to tantalize your taste buds and fill your kitchen with the smell of deliciousness? Look no further than Sweet Martha’s Cookies. This recipe is an absolute classic and is sure to make your mouth water!
A Traditional Cookie with a Unique Twist
Sweet Martha’s Cookies are an oatmeal-based cookie filled with a variety of delicious ingredients. The traditional recipe calls for rolled oats, brown sugar, butter, eggs, baking soda, salt and spices for a classic flavor. But, the secret ingredient of this delicious recipe is the addition of semi-sweet chocolate chips. These chocolate chips add a delightful burst of flavor and create a unique twist to the traditional oatmeal cookie.
Rich Cultural Influences and Sweet Memories
This traditional cookie recipe originates from Martha, a Swedish/Finnish immigrant who moved to the United States in the early 1880s. Although Martha’s original recipe has been lost to time, her memory and cookie recipe live on through Sweet Martha’s Cookies. This recipe embodies Martha’s rich cultural heritage and provides a delicious treat that is sure to bring back sweet memories.
• 1 cup butter, softened
• 1 cup packed brown sugar
• 1 cup white sugar
• 2 eggs
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 3 cups rolled oats
• 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Beat together butter and sugars in a large bowl until fluffy.
3. Beat in eggs and vanilla extract until well combined.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
5. Gradually add flour mixture to the butter mixture, stirring until just combined.
6. Mix in oats and chocolate chips until evenly combined.
7. Drop spoonfuls of dough on ungreased baking sheets.
8. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden.
9. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to cooling racks.
Grab a warm mug of milk and enjoy Sweet Martha’s Cookies. This classic recipe contains a unique twist and can bring back memories of Martha and her Swedish/Finnish cultural heritage. Try this cookie recipe to satisfy your cravings and sweet tooth!