Sweet Communion Bread – The Perfect Dish to Connect with Your Guests
Are you looking for a culturally-rooted dish that will bring a special personal touch to your next family gathering? Sweet communion bread is the perfect solution! With a unique blend of ingredients, it’s a one-of-a-kind and delicious dish.
This sweet dish, popularized by the Eastern Europeans, is a classic recipe known for its traditional flair. It’s light, creamy, and tender in texture, and its sugar and cinnamon overtones make it the perfect brunch dish. Your guests will have no problem guessing that you have put your all into this delightful dish!
What Goes into Sweet Communion Bread?
The unique combination of ingredients is the key to making this dish truly special. To start, you’ll need some butter, an egg, brown sugar, and a teaspoon of cinnamon – all mixed together with a cup of quark, a special type of cream cheese staple of Eastern European cuisine. When combined with all-purpose flour, you’ll get a creamy and luscious dough.
But that’s not all! Drizzled over your dough, you’ll find a mix of slivered almonds and golden raisins – the special touch that makes this dish a cut above the rest. Mix it all together, shape it into a ball, and bake – voilà! Your Sweet Communion Bread is ready to go!
A Unique Twist on a Traditional Dish
At its roots, this traditional Eastern European dish is an integral part of Holy Communion – every church member receives a piece of this unique loaf in honor of Jesus Christ. The symbolism of this act is not lost, making this sweet dish a perfect way for your family to join together in conversation and connection.
Plus, if you want to give it an extra cultural twist, you can incorporate seasonal spices or other ingredients from your particular cultural heritage. You could add some nutmeg and cardamom, or replace the quark with a smooth and creamy goat cheese – the possibilities are virtually endless!
The Perfect Way to Connect with Your Guests
Whether you’re a dessert lover, or you want to find something special to take to your next church gathering, Sweet Communion Bread is the way to go. Plus, its creamy texture makes it a great companion for your morning coffee – or any time you need a delicious pick-me-up.
So if you’re looking for the perfect way to add that touch of cultural authenticity to your family meal, give this sweet dish a try!
Sweet Communion Bread Recipe
- 8 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¾ cup of brown sugar
- 1 cup of quark (or a smooth and creamy goat cheese)
- 2 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup of slivered almonds
- ⅓ cup of golden raisins
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cream together the butter, egg, cinnamon, and brown sugar.
- Add the quark (or goat cheese) and mix until incorporated.
- Gradually stir in the all-purpose flour until a dough forms.
- On a floured surface, roll the dough into a ball.
- Place the dough on a greased baking sheet and form a flat circle.
- Sprinkle the slivered almonds and golden raisins over the top of the dough.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Enjoy your warm and flavorful Sweet Communion Bread!