Tantalizing Summer Raspberry Cake: Hot and Juicy Deliciousness
Ah, the sweet smell of summer. If a cake could capture the essence of it, then it would be this sublime Summer Raspberry Cake! Fresh, juicy raspberries give this simple recipe a burst of flavor that is truly tantalizing.
The sweet, tart raspberries perfectly harmonize with a buttery vanilla cake to create a melt-in-your-mouth treat that will have your taste buds begging for more. It’s the perfect dessert for that warm summer night, or for a morning breakfast treat.
• 2/3 cup butter, softened
• 3/4 cup white sugar
• 2 eggs
• 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
• 2 cups all-purpose flour
• 2 teaspoons baking powder
• 2/3 cup whole or 2% low-fat milk
• 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour one 9 inch round cake pan.
2. Cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the flour and baking powder.
4. Slowly add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, alternating with the milk, until all is incorporated.
5. Fold in the raspberries until evenly distributed.
6. Pour into the prepared pan.
7. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
8. Allow cake to cool before serving.
This cake is the perfect balance of sweetness and tartness, with the vibrant, jewel red raspberries adding a lush texture that can’t be beat. It’s like summer sweetness in a slice and will send your taste buds soaring to the highest heights.
Try it topped with a dollop of softly whipped cream, or a scoop of your favorite ice cream for an extra special treat. Enjoy it with a cup of coffee for a refreshingly delightful mid-morning snack, or serve it with a scoop of your favorite frozen yogurt for dessert.
This Summer Raspberry Cake is a truly sublime mixture of flavors, and will be the highlight of any summer occasion. Enjoy!