Welcome to my kitchen! Today I’m sharing a tantalizing, strawberry swirl cake recipe that’ll become a family favorite! This delectable dessert is the perfect balance of sweetness, uniqueness, and bliss.
Strawberry Swirl Cake
Incorporating an old-world twist on a modern classic, this strawberry swirl cake is filled with fresh strawberries and lively flavors, sure to pique the sweet tooth of all desserts aficionados. Featuring cream cheese as the main ingredient, this strawberry swirl cake will take your family on a journey through delectable textures and explosions of flavor with every bite.
– 9-inch round cake pan
– 2 cups all-purpose flour (cake flour works too)
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– ½ teaspoon baking soda
– ½ teaspoon salt
– 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
– 2 cups sugar
– 4 large eggs
– 1 tablespoon vanilla
– ½ cup sour cream
– ¾ cup milk
– 6 ounces cream cheese
– 1 cup powdered sugar
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
– 2 cups of finely chopped fresh strawberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9-inch round cake pan
2. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. In a separate larger bowl, beat the butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. While the cake is baking, make the cream cheese frosting by beating the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
7. Let the cake cool before frosting, then spread the cream cheese frosting on top.
8. Sprinkle the chopped strawberries on top of the cake.
9. Swirl the strawberries into the frosting using a butter knife.
10. Serve and enjoy!
This strawberry swirl cake captures the essence of old-world flavor while evoking a sense of nostalgia with the cream cheese frosting, fresh strawberries, and unique textures. If you’re looking for a twist on the classic cake, this recipe certainly succeeds!
If you’re looking for similar recipes, you might enjoy a fresh strawberry shortcake or strawberry-rhubarb crumble. Both of these recipes combine berries, sweet cream, and old-world baking techniques for an irresistible amalgam of flavors and textures.
If you give this recipe a try, I’m certain it will become a family favorite! I hope you enjoyed this strawberry swirl cake recipe and feel inspired to create something special in your own kitchen. I thank you for stopping by and hope you come back soon!