Decadent and Delicious Strawberry Crumble Cake
Are you looking to bake something special for your next get together? Look no further than this Strawberry Crumble Cake! This delightful treat combines the rich flavors of a spongy cake base, a sweet jammy layer, and the crunchy texture of a crumble topping. Plus, this three-step recipe couldn’t be any simpler to make!
Ingredients for the Cake Base
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 220 grams all purpose flour
- ½ cup milk
Ingredients for the Strawberry Filling
- 450 grams fresh strawberries, washed and hulled
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Ingredients for the Crumble Topping
- ⅓ cup butter or margarine
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup rolled oats
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and prepare a 9â€³ round cake pan by greasing and flouring it. To make the cake base, cream together the butter and sugar in a bowl and then beat in the egg, baking powder, and all purpose flour. Slowly stir in the milk until everything is well combined.
- Spread the cake batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and a metal skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes before transferring to a plate.
- Combine the strawberries, sugar, vanilla extract, and cornstarch for the filling in a medium-sized bowl and stir until everything is well mixed. Spread the strawberry mixture in an even layer on top of the cake.
- To make the crumble topping, combine the butter, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and rolled oats in a medium-sized bowl and mix together with your fingertips until everything is well combined. Sprinkle the crumble topping over the strawberry filling and bake in the preheated oven for an additional 25-30 minutes, or until the top is golden brown.
- Allow the cake to cool before serving. Enjoy your delicious Strawberry Crumble Cake!