Make your Baked Goods Sliceable with Strawberry Bread!
Are you looking to take your baked goods to the next level? Look no further than the deliciousness of strawberry bread! Combining the sweet and tart flavors of red strawberries with wheat and yeast, this versatile recipe is perfect for breakfast, brunch, or just an anytime snack.
The Flavor of Freshness in Your Own Home
Strawberry bread is one of those dishes that you can make with ingredients you’ve probably already got in your pantry and refrigerator. This simple and straightforward recipe packs a punch of fruity flavors into a single dish and will have your kitchen smelling of summer in no time! The fun part about making this dish is that you don’t have to be exact with measurements, allowing you to experiment and find your own personal favorite mix of ingredients.
The combination of wheat and strawberry gives this bread a slight and unique sourdough-like flavor. The contrast between the crispy crust of the dough and the juicy red strawberry pieces makes your mouth water and creates a perplexing burst of flavors. In addition, the addition of a simple glaze infused with lemon zest gives this bread an extra special flavor and little zest.
A Guide to Baking Up a Delicious Treat
Once you’ve collected all your ingredients, let’s jump into the recipe for strawberry bread.
Strawberry Bread Recipe
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– ½ teaspoon salt
– ¾ cup white sugar
– 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
– ¾ cup unsalted butter, melted
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 1 ½ cup fresh or frozen strawberries, chopped
– ½ cup of buttermilk
– ½ cup powdered sugar
– 2 tablespoons lemon juice
– 2 teaspoons lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan with butter or cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and sugar. Add eggs, butter, and vanilla extract. Blend together with a spoon, being careful not to overmix.
3. Add strawberries and buttermilk to the batter, blend until just combined.
4. Transfer the batter to the prepared loaf pan. Bake for 55-65 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
5. Let cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and cool completely on a wire rack.
6. For the glaze, combine powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest in a small bowl until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cooled strawberry bread.
A Little Bit of Heaven in Every Bite
If you’re looking for a new way to mix up your classic sweet bread recipes, strawberry bread is a good option. From breakfast to dessert, this strawberry bread is sure to become one of your family favorites in no time. So don’t wait, put on your apron, gather your ingredients, and get baking!