Starbucks Flat White Recipe
Starbucks recently added the flat white espresso drink to its menu. A flat white is a classic espresso-based coffee drink from Australia with a velvety texture. It combines perfectly steamed and frothed milk with two shots of espresso in a potent 8-ounce cup. It may look like a cappuccino, but the flat white has a smoother, creamier taste thanks to the way the milk is steamed and mixed with the espresso.
Making a flat white at home is surprisingly easy and reliable once you get the technique down. Here’s the recipe:
- 2 shots of espresso
- 3-5 ounces of steamed full-fat or 2% milk
- Brew two shots of espresso.
- Steam the milk so it takes on a velvety texture, about 120°F.
- Slowly pour both shots of espresso into an 8-ounce coffee cup.
- Gently pour over the steamed milk, slowly folding it into the cup.
- Serve and enjoy.
There you have it, your very own homemade Starbucks-style flat white. Enjoy your flat white with some delightful biscotti or dunk a few of your favorite gluten-free cookies for a tasty snack. No matter how you have it, you won’t be disappointed with this creamy and delicious coffee drink!