Treat Yourself to a Delicious Spring Fling Cake
Though winter may stretch its frosty fingers far and wide, warmer days are right around the corner — and to celebrate the welcoming of spring, we’ve created an extraordinarily scrumptious recipe for Spring Fling Cake.
Sweet and delicate, this indulgent cake truly delights the senses. It combines several ingredients, most notably fluffy rose petals, that you’ve likely never used before. When layered with moist vanilla sponge cake, lemony icing, and a hint of almond, no spring celebration is complete without this delectable treat!
- 2 ½ cups cake flour
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp of fine sea salt
- 1 cup salted butter
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup dried rose petals
- 1 cup slivered almonds
For the Icing:
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line and grease two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Mix together cake flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and granulated sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer, until light and fluffy. Slowly add the eggs, one at a time.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the vanilla extract and milk. Finally, add the flour mixture in 3 batches.
- Divide the batter equally into the prepared pans, and bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool completely before layering.
- For the icing, mix together the confectioners’ sugar, lemon juice, almond extract, and melted butter until free of lumps. Add additional confectioners’ sugar or lemon juice if desired.
- To assemble, layer each cake with a layer of rose petals and almonds. Add a generous dollop of the icing, and finish the cake with a final layer of rose petals and slivered almonds.
- Refrigerate cake before serving, and enjoy!
This delightful cake will transport you right into the blooming days of spring! Inspired by similar recipes, such as French Rose Cake and Thai Flower Cake, this creative twist is sure to impress. And while the ingredients may be perplexing, the burst of flavors you’ll experience perfectly encapsulates the beauty of the season.
So whether you’re hosting a small get-together or planning a larger gathering, surprise your family and friends with a flavorful Spring Fling Cake!