The Taste of Italy in a Spinach Bread Recipe
There’s something special about Italian cuisine, evoking memories of good times shared with family and friends. And while pizza and pasta often come to mind, there’s one Italian-inspired dish you may have overlooked: Spinach Bread! This indulgent meal is crunchy and cheesy, a flavor-filled appetizer that is sure to capture the hearts of all who try it.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups baby spinach, finely chopped
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1-inch slices
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add spinach and stir until wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add mozzarella, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder.
- Mix until combined.
- Place bread slices on a baking sheet and top with spinach mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbling.
- Serve warm.
This Spinach Bread recipe draws upon traditional Italian flavors—olive oil, garlic, Parmesan—all in perfect harmony, then is baked to a golden, cheesy perfection. The recipe takes only 35 minutes to make and is a great starter to share with friends. Served warm, this flavorful dish will have people wanting more!
You may want to explore different variations of this classic spinach bread, just like Italian grandmothers have been doing since antiquity. Try adding other Italian flavors like black olives, diced tomatoes, and basil or adding a spicy kick with hot sauce or pepperoni! The possibilities for delicious variations are endless.
So, why not get creative and give classic Italian flavors a new spin with this spinach bread recipe! Buon appetite!