Spicy Bowl Recipe
A spicy bowl is a great way to kick up the flavor in any meal. A spicy bowl consists of a protein and a variety of cooked and pickled vegetables covered with delicious spices. These bowls are easy to prepare and can be tailored to everyone’s individual taste. Plus, they can be served as a meal or a side dish, making them great for a crowd.
This recipe uses diced chicken as the protein, although you can also substitute with tofu, beef or pork. The picked vegetables give the dish a nice flavor and crunch. The flavorful spices create a wonderful aroma that will tempt your taste buds.
- 2 cups cooked diced chicken
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup chopped pickled jalapeños
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine the cucumber, carrots, onion, jalapeños, cilantro and spices.
- Add the cooked chicken and olive oil and toss to coat everything in the spices.
- Season with salt and pepper as desired and mix everything together.
- Serve with your favorite side dish or over a bed of cooked white or brown rice.
This spicy bowl is a quick and easy weeknight meal that is full of flavor and can be served as a main dish or a side. You can adjust the seasonings according to your tastes and add or subtract vegetables as desired. It’s an easy and delicious way to spice up any meal. Enjoy!