Spain’s Famous Gazpacho
You can’t visit Spain without trying its famous gazpacho! This chilled, soup-like meal isn’t just popular in Spain, but across the globe. Its delectable blend of fresh vegetables and savory seasonings make it a favorite amongst food-lovers and a staple dish of the warm Spanish climate.
What makes Spanish gazpacho so great is not only its flavor, but its versatility! Roasted peppers or cooked pulses can be added to create a heartier delight or cool cucumbers to enhance the flavors even further. There’s no right or wrong way to make it, just whichever you like best!
Spanish gazpacho is simple and easy to make, so you’re guaranteed to have a delicious meal in no time. We’ve created our own easy-to-follow recipe that’s sure to be a crowd-pleaser amongst family and friends.
– 2 pounds of ripe tomatoes
– 1 large red onion
– 1 large cucumber
– 1 garlic clove
– 2 tablespoons of sherry vinegar
– 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
– 1 tablespoon of sea salt
– 2 teaspoons of ground black pepper
– ¼ cup of fresh parsley
– 1 tablespoon of paprika
1. Start by washing and halving the tomatoes. Remove any core and discard.
2. Peel and roughly chop the red onion and cucumber. Peel and mince the garlic.
3. In a food processor, puree the tomatoes until smooth.
4. Add the onion, cucumber, garlic, sherry vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, parsley and paprika and blend until the vegetables are broken down, but still a bit chunky.
5. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed.
6. Pour the mixture into a large bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight).
7. Serve the gazpacho in chilled bowls and enjoy!
Now you’re ready to enjoy Spain’s popular soup-like dish! Its fruity and zesty flavors will definitely keep your tongue tingling. Enjoy this summer favorite with friends and family!