Spanish Fideua: A Delicious Dumpling Dish
When it comes to traditional Spanish cooking, there is one dish that stands out as a classic: Spanish fideua. This noodle and seafood dish is incredibly flavorful and packed with an aromatic complexity that makes it an unforgettable experience. Today we’re breaking down why this dish is so popular and providing a simple recipe so that you can make this classic Spanish dish at home.
What is Fideua?
Fideua is a traditional Spanish dish that originated in the region of Valencia. The dish is comprised of short, thin noodles and either seafood, poultry, or meat as a filling. Depending on the particular recipe, vegetables such as mushrooms, carrots, and bell peppers can also be added. The noodles, known as fideos, are typically cooked first before being topped with the seafood filling and cooked to perfection. The dish is usually finished off with a sauce of saffron, garlic, and other seasonings.
Why is Fideua Popular?
One of the main reasons why fideua is so popular is because it’s incredibly easy to make. It’s also incredibly flavorful and pairs nicely with a variety of sauces. Additionally, because of its light and airy texture, the noodles are incredibly easy to eat. For those looking for a flavorful and unique dish, fideua is a great option.
How to Make Spanish Fideua
Making Spanish fideua is incredibly easy. The only thing you need are fideos, which can be bought at most grocery stores. Just follow our simple recipe and you’ll have a delicious and authentic dish that’s sure to impress.
• 2 cups of Fideos
• 2 tbsp. of Olive Oil
• 1 clove of Garlic (minced)
• 1 cup of Frozen Mixed Seafood
• ½ tsp. of Saffron
• ½ tsp. of Paprika
• ½ tsp. of Salt
• 1 cup of Water
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat
2. Add the garlic and sauté for a few minutes
3. Add the fideos and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently
4. Add the frozen seafood, saffron, paprika, and salt. Stir everything together
5. Add the water and bring the pot to a boil
6. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
7. Serve the fideua and enjoy