Spanish Coca for Any Sweet Occasion
If you’re looking for a delicious and unique dessert to impress your guests then you should undoubtedly try Spanish Coca! It’s a dessert popular in Spain and is the perfect mix of tart, sweet, and salty, making it a tasty addition to your dinner table. Making it is simple with just a few ingredients, and it can be put together in no time. Read on below to learn how to make your own Spanish Coca!
- 1 lb. puff pastry
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons of honey
- 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 4 ounces of pitted dates, diced
- 4 ounces of pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 13” round baking pan.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry dough to 1/8” thick.
- Transfer dough to prepared pan. Trim excess dough, leaving 1/2” over the edge of the pan.
- Using a fork, poke holes all over the surface of the dough.
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, honey, lemon juice and cinnamon. Mix until combined.
- Sprinkle dates, almonds, and pine nuts over the dough, and then drizzle the honey mixture over the top.
- Fold the edges of the dough over the filling, pleating and crimping as you go.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool before serving.
Enjoy your delicious Spanish Coca! If you’re looking for an alternative, try acidic fruits such as oranges or lemons for an interesting twist on this classic dessert. With a few simple steps and a few ingredients, you have a savory and sweet dessert that’s sure to please any dinner guest. española!