Satisfying Soup with Pork
With the perfect combination of pork, vegetables, and the addition of a few special spices, this soup will be sure to tantalize your taste buds. This particular take on the classic soup is adapted from Asian cuisine, and it’s packed full of umami goodness. Traditionally served with steamed rice or buns, this soup is best enjoyed with friends and family.
– 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
– 3 tablespoons minced garlic
– 1 large onion, chopped
– 2-3 lbs of pork shoulder, cubed
– 2 tablespoons of grated ginger
– 2 tablespoons of dried chilli flakes
– 2 cups of chicken stock
– 2 cups of water
– 3 tablespoons soy sauce
– 1/4 cup of fish sauce
– 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
– 2 carrots, diced
– 2 stalks celery, diced
– 1 head of bok choy, roughly chopped
1. Heat the oil in a large pot. Add the garlic, onion and pork and stir-fry until the pork is browned.
2. Once the pork is cooked, add the ginger and chilli flakes and fry for another minute.
3. Pour in the chicken stock and water and bring the soup to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
4. Add the soy sauce, fish sauce, brown sugar, carrots, celery, and bok choy. Simmer for an additional 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
5. Serve the soup with steamed rice or buns. Enjoy!
This Soup with Pork is sure to fill both your stomach and your soul. With its comforting flavors and unique blend of ingredients, it’s easy to see why this dish has become a beloved favorite.
For an interesting twist, why not try substituting the pork shoulder with cubes of silken or firm tofu to create a vegan version of the dish. You can also switch up the vegetables, and you can even experiment with different herbs and spices to get the flavors just right.
So go ahead, give this flavorful and satisfying Soup with Pork a try. Bon appetite!