My Delicious Homemade Soft Crust Sourdough Bread
Are you a fan of that delightful soft crumb and crackling crust of sourdough bread? Well, this recipe for Soft Crust Sourdough Bread is sure to have your mouth watering and your taste buds tingling. With amazing textures and a fantastic flavor, this bread is sure to become a favorite in your home.
My personal journey with sourdough bread started when I visited my grandmother in Russia. During my stay with her, she served me a freshly baked sourdough loaf with some delectable butter. Al I could do was bask in the heavenly aroma of that bread. I have since been making sourdough loaves right at home with amazing results.
A great loaf of sourdough begins with a healthy starter. This is a mixture of flour and water that has been fermented with wild yeast and beneficial bacteria. After about about 7–15 days of fermentation, you can use the starter to make a delicious loaf of Soft Crust Sourdough Bread. This starter not only gives the bread a terrific flavor but also makes it easier to digest.
For the Starter:
• 1 cup of All-Purpose Flour
• ½ cup lukewarm Water
• ¼ teaspoon Active Dry Yeast
For the Bread:
• 2 cups of All-Purpose Flour
• 2 teaspoons of Salt
• ½ teaspoon of Active Dry Yeast
• 1 cup Lukewarm Water
1. Combine the ingredients for the starter in a large bowl and mix to form a thick paste. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth and leave in a warm spot for 7-15 days.
2. To make the bread, take the starter and combine it with the rest of the ingredients. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until it is well-combined and springy to the touch.
3. Cover with a damp cloth and leave to rise in a warm spot for around 6-8 hours.
4. Preheat the oven to 425°F (218°C). Place the dough in a loaf tin and bake for 30 minutes.
5. Remove the loaf from the oven once it has a nice golden-brown crust. Brush the top of the loaf with some butter and leave to cool before slicing.
My Soft Crust Sourdough Bread is a delicious way to enjoy the traditional flavors and textures of sourdough bread. With a thick, crackling crust and a soft, moist crumb, this bread is perfect for enjoying with some butter or other spreads.
If you’re looking for other delicious bread recipes, then try my No-Knead Bread or my Classic French Bread. They’re both sure to satisfy all your bread cravings!