Snow White Cookies – A Deliciously Snowy Treat
Craving something sweet but with a spark of winter? Deliciously fluffy Snow White Cookies are here to save the day! You probably know them by other names such as snow balls or Mexican wedding cakes, but this particular recipe includes an original twist that will make you reach for seconds.
Most recipes for these cookies include ground pecans, sugar and butter as the main ingredients. However, our Snow White Cookies feature a unique combination of walnuts and shredded coconut that adds a hint of tropical sweetness and a touch of nutty flavor. These harmonious ingredients make the perfect harmony of textures and aromas.
– 2 sticks of butter (1 cup)
– 1 ⅓ cup granulated sugar
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
– 3 tablespoons milk
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– ½ teaspoon baking soda
– ½ teaspoon salt
– ¼ cup walnuts, ground
– ½ cup shredded coconut
– Powdered sugar
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix butter and granulated sugar until creamy.
3. Add the vanilla extract and milk, and mix again until smooth.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda and salt, then slowly add to the butter mixture.
5. Add the walnuts and shredded coconut, and mix until all ingredients are evenly combined.
6. Roll the dough into one-inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
7. Remove from oven and allow to cool. When cooled, roll in a bowl of powdered sugar and place on a plate to serve.
Your Snow White Cookies will be tender and fluffy inside while deliciously roasted and crunchy on the outside. The combination of walnuts and shredded coconut adds a nutty and slightly tropical touch, while the powdered sugar adds a touch of sweetness.
These delicate yet flavorful treats remind us of the type of cookie enjoyed during the winter holidays in Mexico, and they are sure to be a hit among family and friends. You can also make batches in advance and store them in airtight containers for a week.
This simple recipe will bring a touch of winter Disney magic to your kitchen and make you feel like Snow White! Enjoy this wintery sweetness like it’s meant to be savored.