Tantalize Your Taste Buds with Sizzler Malibu Chicken
There’s nothing quite like the smell of sizzling chicken, tantalizing your senses as it browns in a creamy and aromatic sauce. Introducing Sizzler Malibu Chicken – a unique and delicious recipe coming straight from the sun-soaked shores of Southern Cali.
Creating the Perfect Southern Vibes
The star of the dish is of course the chicken, which is grilled to perfection then smothered in a zesty, citrus-infused sauce that’s sure to please the taste buds. This decadent dish packs a hearty dose of flavor, with a combination of creamy, salty, and spicy ingredients like garlic, onion, white wine, butter, and chili powder. To give a nod to the region it’s inspired by, Sizzler Malibu Chicken also features the expected mix of tropical fruits – like pineapple and mango – that scream summery Southern California vibes.
From Grilled to Baked
Although the recipe traditionally calls for the chicken to be grilled on the stove, the dish can also be made in the oven with equal success. Cooks looking for an even easier version can pop the chicken in the slow cooker, and let it cook away to juicy perfection in its tangy sauce.
Serve with a Side of Summer
Sizzler Malibu Chicken is classic comfort food done the California way. Serve it up with a side of rice, quinoa salad, or mashed potatoes, and you’ve nailed the ultimate summertime meal. That being said, Sizzler Malibu Chicken is much more than just a one-off family dinner. With its cultural and culinary fusion, it can bring a little bit of “surf and turf” to any occasion – from lazy backyard barbecues to more formal events.
Making a Dish of your Very Own
Ready to whip up your own Sizzler Malibu Chicken? Here’s everything you need to know to turn your kitchen into a West Coast-inspired food paradise:
Sizzler Malibu Chicken Recipe
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• ½ onion, diced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• ¼ cup white wine
• ½ cup butter
• 2 tablespoons honey
• Juice of one lemon
• 1 teaspoon chili powder
• 1 cup diced pineapple
• ½ cup diced mango
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Add the chicken and cook for 4-5 minutes per side. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Reduce the heat to medium and add the onion and garlic. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until softened.
4. Add the white wine, butter, honey, lemon juice, and chili powder. Stir until combined.
5. Add the pineapple and mango, stirring until evenly distributed.
6. Place the chicken back into the pan and spoon the sauce over the chicken.
7. Cook for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
8. Serve with rice, quinoa salad, or mashed potatoes. Enjoy!