Unlock the Flavors of the Middle East with this Delicious Shawarma Bread Recipe
If you love the flavors of the Middle East, you will definitely enjoy this Shawarma Bread recipe. With hearty ingredients, savory seasonings, and a delightful blend of cultures, this Shawarma Bread will transport you to the heart of the Middle East.
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 2 teaspoons sugar
– ½ teaspoon salt
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 1 teaspoon coriander
– 1 teaspoon paprika
– 2 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
– 1 cup cold water
1. Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C).
2. In a medium bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt, cumin, coriander, and paprika.
3. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add the olive oil, yogurt, and water. Gently mix the ingredients to form a dough.
4. Knead the dough on a lightly-floured surface for several minutes, until it is soft and elastic.
5. Divide the dough into 8 equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball.
6. Using a rolling pin, roll each ball into a thin circle.
7. Grease a large baking sheet and place the circles of dough on the sheet.
8. Bake it in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are lightly brown.
9. Remove from oven and let cool. To serve, cut into wedges.
A Delightful Combination of Flavors
This Shawarma Bread is bursting with flavor and is the perfect complement to a variety of dishes. The earthy cumin, coriander, and paprika bring out the flavors of the olive oil and yogurt, making this bread a delight for the taste buds. The onions, tomatoes, and herbs in a shawarma dish are all complemented by the complex flavors of this bread.
The recipe is easy to make and it’s a great way to introduce friends and family to the delicious flavors of the Middle East. So what are you waiting for? Give this Shawarma Bread recipe a try and delight your taste buds with a unique taste of multiculturalism.