Indulge in a Delicious Schlotzsky’s Bread Recipe
Nothing says “comfort” like a warm slice of Schlotzsky’s bread fresh from the oven. This savory bread is a traditional German treat that has become a favorite all over the world. Its pillowy texture, buttery flavor and savory ingredients have been delighting the taste buds of many for years.
If you’ve ever tasted Schlotzsky’s bread, then you already know how delicious it is. But did you know that it only takes 15 minutes of your time and a few simple ingredients to make it at home? Here’s the recipe you’ll need for this little slice of heaven.
– 4 cups flour
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 2 teaspoons baking powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 4 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
– 2 tablespoons sugar
– 1 ½ cups warm milk
– 1 egg
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Cut in the butter until the mixture resembles crumbs.
3. Add the sugar and warm milk, stirring until the ingredients are combined.
4. Knead the dough on a lightly floured surface until it is smooth and elastic.
5. Grease a baking sheet, then shape the dough into an oval or round shape.
6. Cut a cross in the top of the dough and brush it with the beaten egg.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, until the bread is golden brown.
8. Let cool before serving.
This Schlotzsky’s bread recipe is the perfect accompaniment to your favorite soup or salad. It’s delectable warm out of the oven, but it’s equally delicious at room temperature. You could even slice it open and enjoy it with cheese, butter or even jam for an extra special treat.
If you’re looking for something different to try, why not put a creative spin on Schlotzsky’s bread? You can try using different spices, herbs, or add extra cheese or vegetables. You can even use leftover breadcrumbs and make a loaf of Schlotzsky’s bread stuffing! No matter what you choose, this traditional German treat is sure to be a hit.