Devour Delightful Scalloped Chicken – A Delicious Recipe To Try Out
Are you in the mood for a dinner that will tantalize your taste buds? Try out this scrumptious scalloped chicken recipe for a mouth-watering and comforting meal. The creamy sauce coated with a golden brown topping makes for a delightful dish that is sure to be a hit at the dinner table.
This incredible recipe combines a classic combination of savory ingredients with a few unique touches that make it truly special. Have some fun in the kitchen as you make this dish.
-4 chicken breasts
-2 cups milk
-2 tablespoons butter
-1 onion, finely chopped
-3 tablespoons flour
-3/4 cup shredded cheese
-1/3 cup fine dry breadcrumbs
-2 teaspoons paprika
-1 teaspoon garlic powder
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon pepper
-2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. In a large pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and sauté for 5 minutes. Add the flour, stirring with a wooden spoon for a few minutes.
3. Gradually add the milk to the pot and stir until the mixture is thick and creamy.
4. Place the chicken breasts in a large baking dish.
5. Pour the sauce over the chicken and sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
6. In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle the mixture over the cheese and sauce.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the top is golden and crispy.
8. Sprinkle with the chopped parsley and serve.
This sublime scalloped chicken dish has its roots in French cuisine, brought to us by the great French chef Auguste Escoffier. The creamy, cheesy sauce provides a wonderful contrast to the crunchy breadcrumb topping. Serve this meal to your family and friends for a creamy, savory culinary experience. And don’t forget to pair it with a glass of white wine for a hint of acidity to round out the flavors!
Looking for some other delicious recipes to try? Be sure to check out my recipes for Shepherd’s Pie and Baked Mac and Cheese for some more comforting dishes. And for those of you who love flavors from around the world, try my Tandoori Chicken or Thai Curry.
So don’t wait any longer, get to your kitchen and try out this amazing scalloped chicken. You and your loved ones will thank you!