Savory Roasted Chicken – A Delicious Blend of Ingredients and Flavors
Few dishes are as comforting, tasty, and easy to prepare as savory roasted chicken. With this recipe, you can expect an impressive blend of aromas, distinctive flavors, and a beautiful presentation.
- Whole chicken, 4.5 lbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Pat the chicken dry with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix together all the dried spices, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Rub half of the spice mixture all over the outside of the chicken, making sure to get some under the skin of the breasts.
- Rub the olive oil all over the outside of the chicken and place in a roasting pan.
- Roast in preheated oven for 1-1 ½ hours, until done and juices run clear.
- If the top of the chicken is brown, cover with foil for the remainder of the cooking time.
- Remove from oven, cover with foil, and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Savory roasted chicken is a classic dish packed with unique flavors. This dish takes influences from Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cuisines to bring the complex combination of spices and herbs to your taste buds. Olive oil helps to keep the chicken juicy and tender, and the dried herbs create a tantalizing aroma when cooked.
I remember the first time I tasted roasted chicken made with this mix of spices and ingredients. After having eaten traditional and plain roasted chicken, this recipe came as a surprise to me and quickly became my go-to when I am in the mood to impress.
If you are looking to diversify your Sunday meals, why not give this savory roasted chicken a try? Serve it with a rich side of roasted vegetables, such as garlic potatoes or broccoli, and you are sure to have a winner.
You could also try out some other Mediterranean-style dishes, such as a roasted vegetable couscous or a light Greek salad. Incorporating a variety of flavors, textures, and colors makes for an exquisite and delicious meal!