Bison Jambalaya Recipe
If you’re looking for a hearty and delicious meal that is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters, then this Bison Jambalaya is for you. This sensational one-pot dish is loaded with flavor and great for family dinners or entertaining. Made with lean bison sausage and chock-full of onions, bell peppers, tomatoes, and Creole spices, the entire family will be coming back for seconds!
This recipe is incredibly versatile and can easily be adjusted to suit your tastes. If your family likes it hot, simply add some cayenne pepper or hot sauce for an extra kick of flavor. Want a bit more sweetness? Add in fresh-cut pineapple for great contrast to the savory sausage. Whatever you decide to do, this jambalaya is sure to satisfy your hearty appetite. Follow our instructions and you’ll be ready to serve up this amazing dish to your family in no time.
- 1 pound Lean Ground Bison Sausage
- 2 cups Long-Grain Rice
- 1 Onion, diced
- 2 Bell Peppers, sliced
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 cups Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Paprika
- 2 teaspoons Dried Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dried Marjoram
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 3 1/2 cups Low-Sodium Chicken Broth
- Optional: Hot Sauce, Fresh-Cut Pineapple
- Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add the bison sausage, breaking it up with a spoon, and cook until browned, about 6 to 7 minutes. Once the sausage is cooked, transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the rice, onion, bell peppers, garlic, and chopped tomatoes to the same pot and cook until fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Add the paprika, oregano, thyme, marjoram, salt, and pepper to the pot. Stir until everything is evenly mixed.
- Add the chicken broth to the pot and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer and add the bison sausage back in. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until the rice is tender and cooked through.
- Serve with hot sauce and/or fresh-cut pineapple, if desired.
This Bison Jambalaya is a meal that everyone in the family will love. With its bold flavors and hearty ingredients, this meal is sure to satisfy even your heartiest appetites. The texture of the rice and chunks of bison sausage creates amazing depth of flavor that no one can resist. Serve with a simple side salad or a delicious warm baguette and you’ve got yourself an amazing meal that is both delicious and healthy. Enjoy!