Sand Tarts: An Easy and Delicious Treat
Sand tarts, sometimes known as sugar cookies, are a classic cookie that everyone loves. These tasty treats are simple to make and can be enjoyed as a snack or dessert. With a sweet sugar cookie shell and a creamy interior, sand tarts are sure to be a hit with the entire family.
Sand tarts are made with only a few simple ingredients and are easy to customize to make a unique treat that your family will love. You can top them with a variety of toppings such as sprinkles, chocolate chips, and colorful candies. They can also be flavored with different extracts and spices to give them a more distinctive taste. No matter what type of toppings or flavorings you choose, these sand tarts are sure to be a hit.
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– ½ cup butter
– ¼ cup granulated sugar
– ½ teaspoon baking powder
– ¼ teaspoon salt
– 1 egg
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– Various toppings and flavorings (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the flour, butter, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Use an electric mixer to cream together the butter and sugar until it is light and fluffy.
3. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract.
4. Roll the dough into 1- to 2-inch balls and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
5. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Allow the sand tarts to cool before decorating with your desired toppings and flavorings. Enjoy!