San Giorgio Lasagna Recipe
Lasagna is a great Italian classic dish that you can easily prepare at home. San Giorgio Lasagna is a traditional Italian favorite, loaded with cheese and a delicious tomato and beef sauce. This amazing dish is sure to become one of your family’s favorites!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 (24 ounce) package San Giorgio® lasagne pasta
- 4 cups ricotta cheese
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook ground beef and onion until beef is cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, water, salt, pepper, and basil. Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cook the lasagne according to package directions, then drain and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together ricotta cheese, 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
- Layer the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish with a thin layer of sauce, then top with a layer of noodles. Spread half of the cheese mixture evenly over the noodles, then top with another layer of noodles.
- Evenly spread the remaining sauce over the top of the noodles, then top with remaining cheese layer. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over the top.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Let lasagna cool for 10 minutes before serving.
San Giorgio Lasagna is a classic Italian dish that is sure to bring delight to your family! Enjoy this delicious recipe and make it a tradition in your home. Buon appetito!