Introducing Sambuca Cookies: An Unforgettable Sweet Treat
If you’re looking to add a unique twist to your cookie collection, you need to try these Sambuca Cookies! The anise-flavored liqueur adds an unexpected touch to the traditional cookie flavor, and provides a delightful burst of flavor in every bite. These cookies come framed with an Italian American heritage and a warm welcome feeling to anyone who tries them.
A Sweet Like No Other!
These Sambuca Cookies hold a few surprises up their metaphorical sleeve that other cookies lack. From the anise-flavored spirit Sambuca, to the hint of coffee and pistachio, the subtle nuances of flavor will provide each bite with a unique and delectable experience.
The Secret Ingredient
Although the combination of ingredients may sound reminiscent of a tiramisu, the liqueur Sambuca, is what makes this cookie stand out. Sambuca is an anise-flavored spirit that is believed to date back to Ancient Rome. Born in Italy, Sambuca started to become popular in the United States during the late 80s and is now enjoyed in many restaurants and households across the globe.
What You Need
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground anise
- 1 cup butter at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup Sambuca
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and anise until blended.
- In another bowl, cream the butter, eggs, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix together the instant coffee and water and add to the butter mixture.
- Stir in the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture and then fold in the pistachios.
- Add the Sambuca to the cookie mix and blend until just combined.
- Using a teaspoon, drop the cookie dough onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until the cookies are set.
- Let the cookies cool before serving.
These Sambuca Cookies will become a favorite among your family and friends. The combination of classic cookie ingredients with the hints of anise and coffee is a heavenly combination that will delight the senses. This treasured Italian American cookie is an exciting way to experience this traditional Italian liqueur, and you won’t be sorry that you took the plunge!