Salvadorian Chicken – A Delicious And Authentic Recipe
When it comes to Latin American cuisine, imagine a combination of exquisite spices and flavors, and you will probably think of Salvadorian cuisine. Rich in flavor, tradition and history, Salvadorian Chicken is an excellent example of this. This dish is one of the most cherished and delightful Salvadorian dishes a home cook can make!
– 2 lbs. of chicken thighs
– ¼ cup of olive oil
– 2 tablespoons of garlic
– 1 onion (diced)
– 2 bell peppers (diced)
– 1 green chili (whole – optional)
– 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
– 1 can of diced tomatoes
– 1 can of black beans
– ½ teaspoon of dried oregano
– 1 bay leaf
– ¼ teaspoon of chili powder (optional)
– ½ teaspoon of cayenne (optional)
– Salt and pepper for taste
– Chopped cilantro for garnish
1. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat.
2. Add the garlic and onion to the pan, stirring occasionally until the onion is translucent.
3. Add the bell peppers and chili pepper if desired, stirring occasionally until they become soft.
4. Add the chicken and cook until golden brown on each side.
5. Reduce the heat to low and add the diced tomatoes, black beans, oregano, bay leaf, cumin, chili powder, cayenne, salt, and pepper.
6. Simmer covered for 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
7. Garnish with chopped cilantro.
This Salvadorian Chicken dish is best served over rice. For a heartier meal, this dish can be served with warm tortillas, a side of homemade guacamole and your favorite salsa!
Salvadorian Chicken is an excellent example of the flavors and traditions of the Latin American cuisine. Not only is it delicious and easy to prepare, but its unique combination of ingredients make it perfect for a flavorful, filling and nutritious meal. Next time you are looking for something simple and tasty to cook for dinner, don’t forget to add Salvadorian Chicken to your list!