Rustic Sourdough Bread – A Delicious Homemade Treat
Do you want to make something special for dinner tonight? Why not try making rustic sourdough bread! This delicious treat is a delicious way to treat yourself and your family to a healthy, homemade meal.
Sourdough breads have been around for centuries. There are many different variations of this tasty dough and this recipe takes from the traditional French Cantal recipe to create something truly unique. This rustic sourdough is created with just a few simple ingredients, most of which can be found in any kitchen, and requires minimal effort for a maximum reward.
– 4 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 tablespoons sugar
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 2 ¼ teaspoons active dry yeast
– 2 cups warm water
– 2 tablespoons oil
1. In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients, including the yeast.
2. Add the warm water and oil and mix all ingredients together until combined.
3. Cover the bowl and let sit at room temperature for 2 hours until the dough has doubled in size.
4. Preheat oven to 400°F.
5. Remove the dough from the bowl and knead on a lightly floured surface for 5 minutes, shape into a loaf and place in a greased 9×5 loaf pan.
6. Cover the dough and let sit for 1 hour until doubled in size.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until golden.
8. Remove from oven, brush with butter if desired, and let cool before slicing.
Our rustic sourdough bread is not only delicious but also a great way to combine traditional French Cantal techniques with modern convenience. This bread is great for making sandwiches, toast, or enjoying with butter and jam for a tasty snack.
If you want to experience the same flavor as this rustic sourdough but in a different form, try making a sourdough focaccia or a classic French baguette. The possibilities are endless with this delicious bread!
So give this rustic sourdough bread a try and treat yourself and the family to the delicious, homemade treat. Not only does it taste great, but it’s a great way to explore different culinary traditions and make use of ingredients you have right in your kitchen. Enjoy!