Introducing: Russian Waffle Cake – Sweet and Nutty!
Are you looking for a unique, delicious and memorable dessert to serve to your family and friends? Well, look no further! Russian Waffle Cake is the perfect sweet treat for any occasion. With its unique combination of sweet, nutty and crispy ingredients, it’s sure to please a variety of palates.
Russian Waffle Cake has a rich and interesting culinary history. Originating in Russia, the recipe has evolved over the centuries and has become a much-loved staple of Russian cuisine. Russians enjoy their waffle cake served with lightly sweetened cream or yogurt to add an extra layer of sweetness. In addition, they often spread fruit preserves, jam or Nutella over the cake which gives it a unique flavor.
Unusual Ingredients and Cook Method
This delectable treat consists of a few unique ingredients and a few simple steps. The dough for the cake is made from melted butter, flour, eggs and sugar. After the dough is prepared, it is rolled out and baked in a rectangular shape until golden brown. Once it’s baked, the waffles are cut into pieces and layered with a combination of ground walnuts, sugar and butter.
Memorable and Delicious
Once the cake is assembled, it’s time to enjoy the finished product. The combination of the crisp, golden-brown waffle pieces, the crunchy walnuts, and the sweet mixture of sugar and butter creates an unforgettable and truly memorable taste experience.
To top it all off, the cake can be served with a side of lightly sweetened cream or yogurt. This tastes great and helps to balance out the sweetness.
Russian Waffle Cake is sure to quickly become a favorite treat in your household. It’s the perfect balance of sweet and nutty and is easy to make. If you’re looking for a special dessert to delight your family and friends, go ahead and give this recipe a try. You won’t be sorry!
Russian Waffle Cake Recipe
– ½ cup melted butter
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2 large eggs
– ½ cup sugar
– ¾ cup walnuts, finely ground
– ¼ cup sugar
– 2 tablespoons melted butter
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, mix together the melted butter, flour, eggs, and ½ cup of sugar.
3. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until it is smooth and elastic.
4. Roll out the dough until it is ½ inch thick and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
5. Remove the cake from the oven and let cool.
6. Cut the cake into 12 rectangles.
7. In a medium bowl, combine the ground walnuts, ¼ cup of sugar and 2 tablespoons of melted butter.
8. Use a spatula to spread an even layer of the walnut mixture over each waffle piece.
9. Place the waffle pieces back in the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
10. Serve warm with lighty sweetened cream or yogurt. Enjoy!