Nothing says home cooking quite like this roasted pork and apple dish. It’s easy to make yet gives you a restaurant-quality meal in the comfort of your own home. With just the right combination of pork tenderloin, apples, and onions, the dish is both savory and sweet. And adding a few sprigs of thyme gives it an extra boost of flavor.
- 1 pork tenderloin (2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 apples, cored and sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a large roasting pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine oil, salt, pepper, and brown sugar. Rub the mixture onto the tenderloin.
- Place the onion and apple slices into the roasting pan and then place the tenderloin on top of them. Sprinkle the thyme over the top of everything.
- Roast for 40 minutes, or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Serve the roasted pork, apples and onions in the roasting pan.
This Roasted Pork Tenderloin with Apples and Onions is a simple and delicious meal that takes very little effort to prepare. With just the right combination of pork, apples and onions, and the added flavor of thyme you’re sure to have a meal that your family will love. All you need to do is mix the ingredients together, roast them in a 375°F oven until the pork has reached an internal temperature of 145°F, and you’ve got a restaurant-quality meal that you can enjoy in the comfort of your own home.